I just finished reading two very impactful books, which have had a direct impact on me as a Founder, as a consumer, and consequently in the maturation of GreyLit as a Corporation. Simon Sinek’s Start with Why and Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard are my most recent inspirations. I am sure there are critics out there who weigh the pros and cons of the perspectives presented in each of these books. This blog is not a debate on the value of these perspectives but an acknowledgment of their contribution to helping me (finally) articulate how GreyLit will show up in the world.
Aside from envisioning how GreyLit can close the frontline information access gap, I have spent time and energy committing these same features to create a company that is values-based. GreyLit started in healthcare, where the idea of doing no harm is actually an oath. As a business, Greylit is going to evolve the idea of “do no harm” to “do good” and here’s how.
We can save lives by changing the way research and information are shared.
- We believe that all research matters. Insights and understandings can be gained from all types of research regardless of format, outcomes and processes.
- We believe that knowledge is power. Access to the right information at the right time, allows people to make decisions that will positively change lives.
- We believe that publishing doesn’t have to be painful. The technology exists that allows information to be shared, nearly instantly around the world in any format.
To have a positive impact on the world through immediate access to research and information from around the globe.
To make information accessible.
These values indicate the expected behaviour of Grey Lit team members in their daily contribution to fulfil our mission and vision. Violation of these values will result in dismissal.
- Consistent Execution
- We are a performance-oriented workplace with a culture that demands flawless operational execution by setting clear, ambitious, realistic goals with high standards of performance.
- The ability to use our values to turn great ideas and plans into consistently, well-executed actions will be the true measure of our effectiveness as team members.
- Each member of the team commits to continuous innovation and personal and professional rejection of mediocrity. We will hold each other 100% accountable for meeting standards and delivering on commitments.
- With visioning, communication and discipline we move quickly to get important things done. A deep respect for our processes and systems will drive us closer to closing the information access gap experienced by our customers.
- To create a strong and trusting bond with our customers. Listening to what they want from us will allow us to provide consistent and superior customer service.
GreyLit is a Social Purpose Business whose mission is to save lives by changing the way research and information are shared. We are early adopters, innovative thinkers and frontline go-getters who want to change how knowledge is mobilized, and its value is determined.
- Research success
- Definition of published works
- Peer review process
- Timely access
- Bureaucracy and red tape when sharing life-changing information
- Sunshine Clause – provide a voice and stage for “failed” research
- Time delays in sharing information
- A more relevant and purposeful review process
- An entirely new dissemination process
- Timely and collaborative opportunities